11.06.2013

patou's fashion 1968

This is a model by Patou from the 60's. I really didn't know this  fahion house, I did my homeworks though and found out that Jean Patou was very fashionable designer in the 20's and that since then a lot of top designers worked with them, including Karl Lagerfeld in the early 60's. This one was published by Vogue in 1968 and the model here reminds me of the Androginy Avandguards Mini Clone


This was one of my earliest attempts at sewing fashions for dollies and I didn't really care to keep all the details, so the final result is more inspired than an actual reproduction of the original pattern.
The outfit has a true parisienne feel to it, and I completed it with a basque hat and an handmade bag. It is presented by Giovanna:






In her original outfit this doll was to say the least very aggressive, I love her romantic side best!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment