7.24.2015

dioramas in progress 2

I've not been lazy, it's just too hot to think a lot about new stories and things, so here's another random post about the diorama's progresses.



This is going to be Sebastiano's room, I prepared a daybed and a this strange but useful chair out of cardboard and sponges.




As you can see Pietrina is already enchanted with her boyfriend and they spend a lot of time making music.



Winston believes the guitar case is his bed, he will be disillusioned soon





Odette and Carlo are not too happy with their new neighbors, everybody likes some music now and then, but too much is too much!



Let's take a peek at Margherita's and Ermanno, it looks like they are now on talking terms.


He looks amused and she's now intrigued. One wonders how they had those twins. This is the one misterious mistery around here, and I don't know if I will ever come up with some sort of an explaination!


The twins aren't going along too well, Giacomo is simply bored to tears by Samuele's endless bowling tales!

Let's talk about Costanza's family, a bit of insight about them is needed because (if I'll be able to write down my ideas) they are someway pivotal to many of the diffrent stories that have happened on this blog so far.

Luchino: No Armando, I'm not going to buy you a Ferrari

Costanza as you know is a movie star, she's still active and pretty famous. She married Luchino at the beginning of her career, so he're the explaination for her grown up boys. Of course Tecla hates her as Costanza is not a "has-been".

Luchino is a movie producer and agent, so I expect Tecla to bother him for her "comeback" , Orso Maria to hang around him in order to get his movies produced and Nicola trying to get some of his brainchild books and novels accepted as scripts.


the boys are  going to get a post all on their own.



Last but not least here's the Persian room! just a sneak peek Pietro is enjoing a nargile while I'm sewing him an outfit.



I'm completely revamping the other rooms of this cabinet. Here are the pictures from a distance, you can see that there's going to be more furniture making (and many pieces are on their way from Russia)!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on all of the rooms. Lol at Pietro relaxing in the Persian room! I like the shape of the couches you made..lots of personality. It seems to me you've been quite busy with this rooms! I love all of the tiny details. And Winston, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah, I haven't decided yet who's going to stay in the persian room (which in fact is more an ottoman room) at the moment is a "transit room", I still have some bits I want to add there (a Kilimt armchair, some more pillows?). I love cozy and round shapes, and warm colours...
      Winston is too cute!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. very nice! The persian room is very decadent! And I love your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, my dios are everything but professional works, but I love working at them. Well you see, I had these fabrics I bought in Turkey, and little pieces I found in Morocco and Syria (many years ago). The room turned out better than I expected, I don't know if it's going to be a tea house or Bartolomeo's painter atelier....
      I found this wonderful sewing machine on e-bay, from a very kind Japanese seller.
      As soon as I'll get my pieces from Russia, I'll start preparing the fashion atelier room, it is going to be inspired to Velvet, can't wait for the furniture to arrive!

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: great photos. I like your rooms and furniture. Great dolls and outfits. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize with Odette and Carlo. Sometimes - nights - I don't want to hear the neighbors' music. Oh for silence!

    Winston is adorable. I appreciate that he cannot have the guitar case, but ... he's so cute!

    Thanks for sharing your diorama updates ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately for Odette and Carlo it looks like Pietrina's got a singing voice, maybe this is the reason why they travel so much!
      The pieces of resistance are still to be made: the fashions atelier and a mexican bar!

      Delete
  5. Billa, I was so inspired by this post that I dropped everything and went back to work on Lena's patio and a few other dios! I am so impressed by your use of space in all the rooms. And I love seeing the pull away photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jewell I want to see the patio, I love patios! Thank you so much, I thought my rooms were crammed but probably they look fine in the pictures, and in the end that's all is needed.

      Delete
  6. Great job on the dioramas! I love the Persian room, and all the accessories you put in all the rooms, it makes them come alive and real! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I discovered that it is not so hard to put together the rooms, the toughest part is "decorating" with the minimum amount of pieces (sto stay on budget)!

      Delete
  7. Very nice dios! Each room has a personality of its own. Can't wait to read your stories of all these very interesting characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis, that will be the real challenge, I just beginning to figure out some plots, then I'll have to find a way to tell the stories. I don't know if I'm good enough at dialog, so it will be fun to find my way of storytelling!

      Delete
  8. First if all, Pietrina and Sebatiano make a gorgeous couple! (something to be said about arranged marriages)
    I love your apartment complex. But I do think this takes a lot of thought to successfully build each unit and that takes time. So don't think of this as being lazy, but instead, a necessary time of reflection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April!
      I have a future as plastic people matchmaker! Lol, I don't know if you're familiar with John Ford's The Quiet Man, but when I think about arranged marriages good old Michaleen Flynn immediately comes to mind!
      The dioramas actualy took me a lot of planning, I'm not the kind of person who can just do a thing, first of all I have to envision the whole thing and then with time work out every detail. After this I can start doing something. Never been able to do things stright away. But envisioning things means a lot of time lazing around "thinking"....LOL

      Delete