9.11.2015

Hommes Fashion Tutorial: the vest


As promised, here's the new chapter of the Hommes Suit Tutorials.
This is the vest from the first of the Tobacco Road collection outfits (which will be ready sometimes in the winter I hope)
This time I made an express post, with a collage of the steps for each part of the vest. In order to make the pattern I used a ready made IT vest, you can also start from this tutorial by April to design one of your taste. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

This is going to be a lined vest, so you will need cotton, satin linin, thread and a lot of pins !

The front, as you will see my vests close in the back, Mattel style, as I like a perfect fit on the front:


The back. This is made of a double layer of satin, for thickness as we'll have to apply our press studs there. We don't want the fabric to fall apart at the seams, do we?


Putting together the whole thing, adding some fake buttons on the front and studs at the back (remember to try it on the doll in order to get the perfect fit):


Et voilà, Goffredo is super handsome in his new outfit. Love this style!


16 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, I like that smooth look a vest imparts.

    I've got a brown tweed piece of fabric that could "just" make a pair of pants or a vest. Ah for the day when I can do some sewing.

    Thanks for sharing your tutorial and April's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tweed fabric, I haven't been able to find any thin enough for dolls!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, Billa...thanks for sharing your techniques! I'm not much of a sewer (yet!) but it's really interesting to see how things like this come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farrah, there are not many clothes for hommes, so I'm sharing these tutorials. Furthermore sewing is so much fun!

      Delete
  3. It came out very nice, Billa. Goffredo has a talented tailor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jaye, soon I'm going to show the progresses on the seamstress atelier diorama!

      Delete
  4. Oh, what an awesome vest. I may have to try making one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic, Billa! Goffredo looks so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, Goffredo is one of the ladykillers, this is the reason why I "married" him to Ofelia as soon as he reached the house, too much turmoil among the girls!

      Delete
  6. The vest and trouser set look wonderful, Billa!! You really did an outstanding job on that vest, in particular. I thought it interesting that you would close the vest in the back. But sometimes I have opted for Mattel-style back closures (in pants, for example) as well because of the clean lines in the front I had hoped to achieve. Thank you for the shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, I try to stay close to full scale clothes, but at times I focus on how the clothes are supposed to look on the dolls, hence the back closure on the vest.
      Same thing on pants, I like clean lines too!
      I'll keep making reference to your tutorials, they are perfect!

      Delete
  7. This vest is awesome Billa, thank you for sharing how you make it! I look forward to your collection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, this time you're going to see bits and pieces of the collection before I'll be able to finish it and present it. I've got too many projects and too few time.
      Anyway, the tutorial for the jacket is ready and will be posted in october, I want to share the love for male clothes!

      Delete
  8. Such details! You are quite the craftsman.

    ReplyDelete